Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Published

Guilty as charged: it has been over a month since my last post on here.

During that time, I've been published in The Spectator (requires a subscription...sorry!)

I thought I would have felt some pang of pride or excitement at seeing my name in one of the political weeklies, but to be honest I didn't really.

It was more a case of luck: the right interview at the right time. The process of thinking of ideas and pitching them is not unlike sales. Not quite what I imagined when enrolled on my Journalism degree course. Some lecturers in the cosy world of academia would do well to emphasise this fact to their students more clearly as well.

The Michael Foot interview should also be published in Diplo Magazine later this month. They are hopefully using photos from the photographer who accompanied me, so perhaps it will look better with those.

Next week I am making a flying visit to Vienna in connection with 4Basra, and the rejection emails have already begun coming in, as I pitched the interview to a number of publications.

More news soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home